Beet Salad Recipe
Community Recipe from
- 2 pound(s) beets, (5-6 medium)
- 1/4 oil, olive, extra-virgin
- 2 tablespoon(s) vinegar, sherry, or white-wine
- 1/2 mustard, Dijon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) honey
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- dash(es) pepper, black ground, freshly ground, to taste
- 1 stalk(s) celery, finely chopped
- 1 stalk(s) shallot(s), finely chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Divide beets between 2 pieces of foil; bring edges together and crimp to make packets. Roast until the beets are just tender when pierced with the point of a knife, about 1 1/4 hours. Unwrap the beets and let cool.
- 2. Meanwhile, whisk oil, vinegar, mustard, honey, salt and pepper in a small bowl to make dressing.
- 3. When the beets are cool enough to handle, slip off the skins. Cut into 1/2-inch cubes and place in a large bowl. Add celery, shallot and the dressing; toss to coat well. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by organizingfool and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note