Great canning recipe to use up all those extra beets.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 pound(s) beets boiled or roasted
- 2 oranges
- 2 cup(s) cider vingar
- 1 cup(s) brown sugar lightly packed
- 1 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1 onion diced
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) salt
- 4 whole(s) cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Prep the beets by boiling or roasting them until nearly tender. Cut into 1/2 inch dice and set aside. Remove the zest from the oranges and set aside. supreme the oranges by cutting away the peel and slicing between the membranes to liberate the pulp. squeeze the juice from the membranes into a a small bowl and discard the solids. Set aside the juice and the pulp.
- Combine the vinegar, brown sugar, granulated sugar, onion, garlic, salt, cloves, bay leaf, cinnamon, and zest in a medium nonreactive saucepan, and bring to a boil. Simmer for 15 minutes. Add the beets and the orange juice and pulp and simmer for 10 minutes longer.
- Divide the mixture between two clean, hot pint-size canning jars, leaving 1/4 inch of headspace between the top of the liquid and the lid.
- To store, use canning jars and lids. Process for 15 minutes using the boiling water method.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Kruybalid and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Beet Relish Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sauces/Condiments