- 12 medium beets
- 1/2 cup prepared horseradish
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Scrub beets, leaving root and 1 inch of stem intact.
- Place beets in a non-aluminum stockpot with water to cover; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 35 to 40 minutes or until tender. Pour cold water over beets; drain and let cool.
- Trim off beet stems and roots; rub off skins. Grind beets in a large mixing bowl, using coarse blade of a food grinder. Add remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Spoon relish into sterilized jars. Cover with metal lids, and screw bands tight. Store in refrigerator until ready to use. Serve with meats or salads.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This