Beet-and-Goat Cheese Crostini
Photo: Tara Donne; Styling: Erin Swift
More From Coastal Living
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) package precooked red beets or golden beets, cubed*
- 24 (1/4-inch-thick) baguette slices
- 1 (4-ounce) package goat cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- Garnish: micro greens, thinly shredded beet greens, or fresh parsley
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Combine 3 tablespoons oil and next 4 ingredients in a bowl. Drizzle over beets, and gently stir. Set aside.
- 2. Brush remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil on baguette slices. Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3. Spread toasted baguette slices with goat cheese. Remove reserved beets from marinade with a slotted spoon, and arrange over goat cheese. Sprinkle with walnuts; garnish, if desired.
- *If you can't find precooked beets, cut greens and ends of roots from 8 ounces fresh beets. Scrub well, wrap each in aluminum foil, and bake at 375° for 50 minutes or until tender; cool. Unwrap, peel away skin, and cube.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note