It is very pretty and my friends liked it. I don't like red beets so not a fan. But also unfair for me to say it is bad just because I don't care for an ingredient. For those that like beets it's really good.
Beet and Blood Orange Salad
Photo: Brian Woodcock; Styling: Cindy Barr
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 229
- Fat: 12.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Sodium: 247mg
- 1 1/2 pounds halved peeled beets
- 1 blood orange
- 2 tablespoons toasted walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups greens
- 1/3 cup chopped unsalted, dry-roasted pistachios
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese
- 1. Wrap beets in parchment paper. Microwave at HIGH until tender (about 7 minutes). Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into 1-inch pieces.
- 2. Section orange over a bowl; squeeze to juice. Place sections in a bowl. Add toasted walnut oil, minced shallots, Dijon mustard, pepper, and salt to juice; stir. Add beets, greens, and orange sections; toss. Top with pistachios and goat cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads