Great....and I don't like beets!
Beet and Arugula Salad with Kefalotyri
With just 50 calories, this healthy salad is a must-have at your dinner table. Kefalotyri is a hard, salty Greek cheese that adds the perfect zest of flavor (Parmigiano-Reggiano can sub in a pinch).
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 50
- Fat: 1.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 2.7g
- Carbohydrate: 6.2g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 250mg
- Calcium: 73mg
- 3 beets (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups arugula
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shaved fresh kefalotyri cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2. Leave root and 1-inch stem on beets; scrub with a brush. Place beets in a baking dish; bake at 425° for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until tender. Cool; peel and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- 3. Combine vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper, stirring with a whisk. Arrange beet slices in a single layer on a platter. Drizzle beets with half of vinegar mixture.
- 4. Combine remaining vinegar mixture and arugula in a large bowl; toss gently to coat. Top beets with arugula mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Beet and Arugula Salad with Kefalotyri Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This