Great....and I don't like beets!
Beet and Arugula Salad with Kefalotyri
With just 50 calories, this healthy salad is a must-have at your dinner table. Kefalotyri is a hard, salty Greek cheese that adds the perfect zest of flavor (Parmigiano-Reggiano can sub in a pinch).
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 50
- Fat: 1.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 2.7g
- Carbohydrate: 6.2g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 250mg
- Calcium: 73mg
- 3 beets (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups arugula
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shaved fresh kefalotyri cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2. Leave root and 1-inch stem on beets; scrub with a brush. Place beets in a baking dish; bake at 425° for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until tender. Cool; peel and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- 3. Combine vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper, stirring with a whisk. Arrange beet slices in a single layer on a platter. Drizzle beets with half of vinegar mixture.
- 4. Combine remaining vinegar mixture and arugula in a large bowl; toss gently to coat. Top beets with arugula mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note