Beet, Apple, and Walnut Salad
Beets and dressing may be prepared several days in advance and refrigerated.
Yield: 12 servings
- 3 large beets
- Olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons walnut or olive oil
- 2 heads Belgian endive
- 1 head radicchio
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup walnut halves, toasted
- 1/4 cup crumbled Roquefort cheese
- Rub beets with olive oil, and wrap in heavy-duty aluminum foil. Place packet on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until done; cool. Peel beets, and cut into thin strips.
- Whisk together white wine vinegar and next 4 ingredients. Gradually whisk in vegetable and walnut oil until blended.
- Arrange endive and radicchio on individual plates; top with apple slices and beet strips. Sprinkle with walnuts and cheese. Drizzle evenly with dressing, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads