- 3 large beets
- Olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons walnut or olive oil
- 2 heads Belgian endive
- 1 head radicchio
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup walnut halves, toasted
- 1/4 cup crumbled Roquefort cheese
How to Make It
Rub beets with olive oil, and wrap in heavy-duty aluminum foil. Place packet on a baking sheet.
Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until done; cool. Peel beets, and cut into thin strips.
Whisk together white wine vinegar and next 4 ingredients. Gradually whisk in vegetable and walnut oil until blended.
Arrange endive and radicchio on individual plates; top with apple slices and beet strips. Sprinkle with walnuts and cheese. Drizzle evenly with dressing, and serve immediately.