Beer-Soaked Buffalo Wings
Community Recipe from
- Baked buffalo wings can be just as delicious as fried. Try Beer-Soaked Buffalo Wings for something unique.
- Cooking time: 1 hr 5 min
- Serves 4 or more
- 2 (12 oz) cans beer
- 1 (5 lbs) pkg frozen chicken wings, thawed
- 2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup cayenne pepper hot sauce (see Preparation Tip)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- Cut wings apart and discard tips. (I save them for making stock.)
- Set aside 1/3 cup beer. Pour the remaining beer into a large shallow dish; add the chicken wings, cover, and marinate for at least 4 hours in the refrigerator; drain the wings.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Line two large rimmed baking sheets with aluminum foil; coat the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Season the wings with ground red pepper and salt and place on the baking sheets. Bake for 30 minutes. Turn the wings over and cook for 25 to 30 more minutes, or until crispy and no pink remains.
- In a large bowl, combine the cayenne pepper sauce, butter, and the reserved 1/3 cup beer; mix well. Add the chicken wings and toss until evenly coated. Serve immediately.
- Preparation Tip:
- Be sure to use cayenne pepper sauce instead of regular hot pepper sauce…..because that would make these REALLY spicy!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dwanna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Beer-Soaked Buffalo Wings Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes