- 4 chicken leg-thigh quarters (about 2 pounds), separated
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 medium-size green bell pepper, diced
- 2 (12-ounce) bottles nonalcoholic beer
- 1 (6-ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup lite soy sauce
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Hot cooked rice
How to Make It
Place chicken in a large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; add flour, and seal. Shake to coat.
Saute garlic in hot oil in a large skillet. Add chicken, and fry, in batches, 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove chicken, reserving drippings in skillet. Sauté onion and bell pepper in drippings 5 minutes or until tender; add chicken, beer, mushrooms, and soy sauce.
Cook over medium heat for 30 minutes. Stir in soup; cook, stirring occasionally, 30 more minutes. Add whipping cream; cook until thoroughly heated. Let stand 5 minutes. Serve over hot cooked rice.