Beer Cheese Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) Butter
- 1/2 cup(s) Onion Chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Garlic Minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) worchestershire sauce
- 12 ounce(s) Light beer
- 14 1/2 ounce(s) Chicken broth
- 3 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 2 cup(s) half-and-half
- 2 cup(s) Sharp cheddar cheese Shtedded
- Melt butter in a 4 1/2 quart soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and Worcestershire sauce and stir well
- Add the beer and raise the heat to high and boil for 3 minutes to evaporate the alcohol. Add the chicken broth and bring the soup back to a boil. Lower the heat to medium-low and simmer.
- Combine the cornstartch with 3 tablespoons water and stir until smooth. Set aside.
- Add the half and half and shredded cheese to the soup. Stir constantly until the cheese melts. Then stir in the cornstartch mixture.
- Stir constantly until the soup is thick, about 2 minutes. Serve garnished with bacon bits.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dswartzel and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Beer Cheese Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews