Beer Cheese Soup
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup beer
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3 1/2 cups (14 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Croutons (optional)
- Melt butter in a small Dutch oven over low heat; add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add broth and milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in pepper.
- Add next 3 ingredients, and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; add cheese, and stir until melted. Ladle soup into individual bowls. Garnish each serving with croutons, if desired. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This