- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Spice Islands® Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Spice Islands® Ground White Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Spice Islands® Cayenne Pepper
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup beer
- 2 tablespoons Argo® Corn Starch
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Colby or Co-Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon Argo® Corn Starch
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
How to Make It
MELT butter in a large pot set over medium heat. Add onion, thyme, white and cayenne peppers; cook until onions are tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Combine chicken broth, beer and 2 tablespoons corn starch, stirring until corn starch is dissolved. Add to pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat.
SIMMER 5 minutes. Add cream.
TOSS cheese with 1 tablespoon corn starch. Gradually add cheese to soup, stirring until melted before adding more cheese. If desired, add hot sauce.
SERVE immediately. Delicious served with Peppered Parmesan Shortbread.