Beer Cheese Fondue
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 loaf(s) (1 pound, about 20 inches) French bread, cubed
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 teaspoon(s) minced garlic
- 1 cup(s) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 4 cup(s) (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 to 4 tablespoon(s) half-and-half cream
- • Place bread cubes in a single layer in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 450° for 5-7 minutes or until lightly crisp, stirring twice.
- • Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in beer. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low. Toss cheese and flour; stir into saucepan until melted. Stir in 2 tablespoons cream.
- • Transfer to a small fondue pot or 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. Keep warm; add additional cream if fondue thickens. Serve with toasted bread cubes. Yield: about 3 cups.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note