I have never made cornbread using white cornmeal before. It was much more dense. My kids weren't crazy about it but I thought it was pretty good.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 25 Minutes
- 2 cups self-rising white cornmeal mix
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup beer
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Heat a well-greased 10-inch cast-iron skillet in oven 5 minutes. Stir together all ingredients just until moistened; pour into hot skillet.
- 2. Bake at 425° for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads