Beer and Bison Burgers with Pub Cheese
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Kevin Crafts
Yield: Serves 4
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 531
- Calories from fat: 53%
- Protein: 36g
- Fat: 31g
- Saturated fat: 15g
- Carbohydrate: 29g
- Fiber: 4.2g
- Sodium: 1020mg
- Cholesterol: 121mg
- 1 pound ground bison or beef
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/4 cup amber ale, such as Fat Tire, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns
- 2 cups alfalfa sprouts
- 1. Heat grill to medium (350° to 450°). Mix bison, oats, 2 tbsp. ale, the salt, and pepper in a large bowl until just combined. Form into four 1/2-in. patties with a slight depression in the center of each to help them cook evenly. Brush with oil.
- 2. Whirl garlic in a food processor until minced. Add cheeses and remaining 2 tbsp. ale and whirl until smooth.
- 3. Grill burgers, turning once, until cooked the way you like, 6 minutes total for medium. In last few minutes, grill split buns, turning once, about 2 minutes total.
- 4. Arrange burgers on bottom of buns and top with sprouts. Spread bun tops with cheese mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note