Beer and Bison Burgers with Pub Cheese
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Kevin Crafts
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 531
- Calories from fat: 53%
- Protein: 36g
- Fat: 31g
- Saturated fat: 15g
- Carbohydrate: 29g
- Fiber: 4.2g
- Sodium: 1020mg
- Cholesterol: 121mg
- 1 pound ground bison or beef
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/4 cup amber ale, such as Fat Tire, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns
- 2 cups alfalfa sprouts
- 1. Heat grill to medium (350° to 450°). Mix bison, oats, 2 tbsp. ale, the salt, and pepper in a large bowl until just combined. Form into four 1/2-in. patties with a slight depression in the center of each to help them cook evenly. Brush with oil.
- 2. Whirl garlic in a food processor until minced. Add cheeses and remaining 2 tbsp. ale and whirl until smooth.
- 3. Grill burgers, turning once, until cooked the way you like, 6 minutes total for medium. In last few minutes, grill split buns, turning once, about 2 minutes total.
- 4. Arrange burgers on bottom of buns and top with sprouts. Spread bun tops with cheese mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes