Beer-Battered Sardines with Wasabi Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup beer
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 egg yolks
- Vegetable oil
- 16 fresh sardines, dressed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons wasabi powder
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a bowl. Add beer, butter, and egg yolks, stirring mixture until smooth.
- Pour oil to depth of 2 inches into a Dutch oven; heat oil to 375°. Dip sardines into batter; fry, a few at a time, 2 minutes or until golden. Drain well.
- Stir together wasabi powder and 1 tablespoon water; stir in mayonnaise. Serve with sardines.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Beer-Battered Sardines with Wasabi Mayonnaise Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This