Beer-battered Salmon Tacos with Chipotle Crema
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Melanie Clark
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Coastal Living
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 cup beer, room temperature
- Vegetable oil
- 1 pound salmon fillets, cut into pieces
- Chipotle Crema
- Garnishes: lime wedges, shredded cabbage, chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Wrap tortillas in foil, and bake at 200° for 10 to 15 minutes or until warm.
- 2. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a large, shallow bowl. Let stand 5 minutes.
- 3. Heat 1 inch oil in a 10-inch heavy pot (2 to 3 inches deep) over moderate heat until a deep-fat thermometer registers 360°.
- 4. Dip fish into batter to coat, draining excess. Fry fish in batches, turning once, 4 to 5 minutes or until golden. Drain on paper towels.
- 5. Assemble tacos with warm tortillas, fish, and Chipotle Crema. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note