- 1 pound firm white fish fillet, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle Mexican beer
- 1 tablespoon Mexican seasoning*
- Vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup Mexican beer
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 12 fresh corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 3/4 cup shredded queso blanco or Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1/2 red onion, cut into strips (about 1/2 cup)
- Baja Sauce
How to Make It
Place fish in a large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag. Combine 12 ounces beer and Mexican seasoning in a bowl, stirring well. Pour beer mixture over fish; seal. Chill 2 to 3 hours.
Pour oil to depth of 1 1/2 inches into a deep skillet or Dutch oven; heat to 360°.
Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Whisk in 1 cup beer and hot sauce. Drain fish, discarding marinade. Coat fish in batter.
Cook fish in batches about 4 minutes or until done. Drain on paper towels.
Place 2 to 3 pieces of fish on each tortilla. Squeeze lime wedges over fish; top with remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.