Beer-Battered Fish Tacos with Chipotle Crema
Born south of the border in Baja, Mexico, fish tacos are a Socal staple. Let Beer-Battered Fish Tacos with Chipotle Crema be a staple in your kitchen too.
More From Coastal Living
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) can beer
- Vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 pounds firm white fish
- 16 (5-inch) corn tortillas
- Shredded cabbage
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Chopped tomatoes
- Chipotle Crema
- Lime wedges
- 1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk in beer.
- 2. Pour oil to a depth of 2 inches in a deep saucepan or Dutch oven. Heat over medium-high heat until temperature reaches 350°.
- 3. Cut fish into bite-size pieces; dip into beer batter, letting excess batter drip back into bowl. Fry, in batches, 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown and crispy on all sides. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with additional salt, if desired.
- 4. Heat tortillas according to package directions. Divide fish among tortillas, using 2 stacked tortillas for each taco. Top with cabbage, cilantro, tomatoes, and Chipotle Crema. Serve with lime wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note