BEER BATTERED FISH
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Ingredients Edit and Save
- Watch video tips and tricks
- Beer Batter Fish Made Great
- Brown Butter Pan-Fried White Fish
- Indian Fish Curry
- Grilled Fish Tacos with Chipotle Lime Dressing
- Baja Fish Tacos
- Sexy Fish Stew
- Easy Salmon Cakes
- Spicy Tuna Fish Cakes
- Fish Tacos
- Types of Cooking Oil
- Types of Salt
- Measuring All-Purpose Flour
- Garlic: Fresh Vs. Powdered
- All about Paprika
- Freshly Ground vs. Pre-Ground Pepper
- All about Eggs
- Original recipe makes 8 servingsChange Servings
- 2 quartsvegetable oil for frying
- 8 (4 ounce) filletscod
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cupall-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoonsgarlic powder
- 2 tablespoonspaprika
- 2 teaspoonssalt
- 2 teaspoonsground black pepper
- 1egg, beaten
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottlebeer
- Check AllAdd to Shopping List
- 1.Heat oil in a deep fryer to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C). Rinse fish, pat dry, and season with salt and pepper.
- 2.Combine flour, garlic powder, paprika, 2 teaspoons salt, and 2 teaspoons pepper. Stir egg into dry ingredients. Gradually mix in beer until a thin batter is formed. You should be able to see the fish through the batter after it has been dipped.
- 3.Dip fish fillets into the batter, then drop one at a time into hot oil. Fry fish, turning once, until both sides are golden brown. Drain on paper towels, and serve warm.
- Kitchen-Friendly View
- PREP 15 mins
- COOK 15 mins
- READY IN 30 mins
- Editor's Note
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount may vary depending on cook time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
- More Recipes
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dwanna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
BEER BATTERED FISH Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes