Beer and Cheese Potato Chowder
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 pound(s) (6 medium) russet potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) (1 medium) onion chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) Celery chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) carrot finely chopped
- 1 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 - 14 ounce(s) can chicken broth
- 1- 12 ounce(s) beer
- 2 cup(s) american and cheddar cheese blend shredded
- 1/2 cup(s) whipping cream
- rye bread or sourdough cut into cubes, toasted if desired
- pinch(s) cayenne pepper optional
- small can(s) green chilies optional
- 1. In 3 to 4 quart slow cooker, combine potatoes, onion, celery, carrot, garlic, and pepper; stir gently to mix. Pour broth and beer over vegetables.
- 2. Cover; cook on Low setting for 6 to 8 hrs.
- 3. About 10 min before serving, coarsely mash vegetables with potato masher or fork. Add cheese and whipping cream; stir until cheese is melted. Cover; cook an additional 5 min or until thoroughly heated. Top with croutons.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LauraSzejna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note