Beer and Cheese Potato Chowder
Community Recipe from
- 2 pound(s) (6 medium) russet potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) (1 medium) onion chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) Celery chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) carrot finely chopped
- 1 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 - 14 ounce(s) can chicken broth
- 1- 12 ounce(s) beer
- 2 cup(s) american and cheddar cheese blend shredded
- 1/2 cup(s) whipping cream
- rye bread or sourdough cut into cubes, toasted if desired
- pinch(s) cayenne pepper optional
- small can(s) green chilies optional
- 1. In 3 to 4 quart slow cooker, combine potatoes, onion, celery, carrot, garlic, and pepper; stir gently to mix. Pour broth and beer over vegetables.
- 2. Cover; cook on Low setting for 6 to 8 hrs.
- 3. About 10 min before serving, coarsely mash vegetables with potato masher or fork. Add cheese and whipping cream; stir until cheese is melted. Cover; cook an additional 5 min or until thoroughly heated. Top with croutons.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LauraSzejna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes