LOVE beer... LOVE cheese... LOVE garlic and chilies... What more can I say!
Stir occasionally when serving to keep blended.
Yield: Makes about 6 cups
- 1/2 pound ground pork sausage
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 (8-ounce) blocks Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup beer*
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Cubed French bread or sliced pears
- Cook ground pork sausage in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain and remove sausage from pan.
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat; add onion and garlic, and sauté until tender.
- Add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Gradually add milk, stirring until thickened. Add cheese, stirring until melted. Remove from heat; stir in sausage, beer, and next 3 ingredients. Transfer to a fondue pot or slow cooker; keep warm on LOW. Serve with cubed French bread or sliced pears.
- *Nonalcoholic beer may be substituted for regular beer.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers