Beehive Smoked-Trout Rillettes
Notes: For an appetizer, spoon the trout rillettes (or pipe through a pastry bag with a plain, round tip at least 1/2 in. wide) in about 1-tablespoon mounds onto the concave side of Belgian endive leaves; garnish with capers. Or use the rillettes as a sandwich spread. If making up to 2 days ahead, cover and chill.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 42
- Calories from fat: 74%
- Protein: 2.4g
- Fat: 3.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Carbohydrate: 0.4g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 116mg
- Cholesterol: 7.8mg
- 1 boned smoked trout (about 6 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1 tablespoon packed parsley sprigs, rinsed
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche or sour cream
- 1 to 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Pull off and discard trout skin; break fish into chunks. In a food processor, whirl trout, shallot, capers, and parsley until finely minced (or finely mince with a knife). Stir in crème fraîche and lemon juice to taste.
- Nutritional analysis per tablespoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note