Beefy Vegetable Soup
- 1 1/2 pound(s) beef stew meat
- 1 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 2 14 1/2-ounce can(s) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 1/2 cup(s) water
- 2 tablespoon(s) reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 medium potatoes, cubed (about 1 pound)
- 3 medium carrots, cubed
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 2 cup(s) fresh corn or frozen corn
- 1 3/4 cup(s) frozen cut green beans
- • In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat in oil until no longer pink; drain. Add the broth, water and soy sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- • Add the potatoes, carrots, celery, Worcestershire sauce, steak sauce and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until the vegetables are just tender.
- • Add corn and beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5-10 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Yield: about 3-1/4 quarts.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note