Beefy Vegetable Soup
When the weather turns cold and blustery, there's nothing more cozy than a bowl of steaming vegetable soup—especially one that takes only 7 minutes to assemble. You can chop the tomatoes directly in the can with kitchen shears.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 237
- Fat: 7.8g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Protein: 19.3g
- Carbohydrate: 23.3g
- Cholesterol: 49mg
- Iron: 3.1mg
- Sodium: 620mg
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fiber: 6.4g
- Calcium: 57mg
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper (about 1 medium)
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans Mexican style stewed tomatoes with jalapeño peppers and spices, un-drained and chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium beef broth
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen soup vegetables
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Combine beef and bell pepper in a large Dutch oven; cook over medium-high heat until beef is browned, stirring to crumble beef. Drain, if necessary.
- . Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, and broth to pan; bring to a boil. Add vegetables and salt; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note