Beefy Taco Salad
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 391
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 22g
- Carbohydrate: 45g
- Fiber: 8.6g
- Cholesterol: 23mg
- Iron: 3.7mg
- Sodium: 993mg
- Calcium: 135mg
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 tablespoon fajita seasoning
- 1 (12-ounce) jar salsa verde, divided
- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- Smashed Pinto Beans (see recipe)*
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- Chunky Avocado Sauce
- Garnish: chopped fresh tomatoes
- Cook beef in a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray 7 minutes or until beef crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain and pat dry with paper towels; set beef aside.
- Sauté onion in skillet coated with cooking spray 5 minutes. Add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Return beef to skillet. Add fajita seasoning and 1/2 cup salsa verde. Cook over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated and liquid is evaporated.
- Coat both sides of 1 tortilla with cooking spray. Place tortilla inside a 7-inch oven-safe bowl. Place bowl on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden. Remove tortilla from bowl; bake 5 more minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool 5 minutes. Repeat with remaining tortillas and cooking spray. (You may prepare 2 to 3 bowls at a time in your oven.)
- Spread 1/4 cup Smashed Pinto Beans evenly over bottom of each tortilla shell. Sprinkle evenly with lettuce and beef mixture. Top evenly with Chunky Avocado Sauce. Serve with remaining salsa verde. Garnish, if desired.
- *Canned fat-free refried beans may be substituted.
- Note: Salsa verde, also called green salsa, may be found in the Mexican food aisle of supermarket.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes