Beefy Swiss Bundles
Comforting pockets with creamy mashed potatoes, gooey cheese and flavorful seasonings. From Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen. Recipe published in Simple & Delicious January/February 2009.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) ground beef
- 1 1/2 cup(s) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) minced garlic
- 4 teaspoon(s) Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) dried rosemary, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2/3 cup(s) refrigerated mashed potatoes
- 1 cup(s) (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon(s) water
- • In a large skillet, cook the beef, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- • On a lightly floured surface, roll puff pastry into a 15-in. x 13-in. rectangle. Cut into four 7-1/2-in. x 6-1/2-in. rectangles. Place about 2 tablespoons potatoes over each rectangle; spread to within 1 in. of edges. Top with 3/4 cup beef mixture; sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese.
- • Beat egg and water; brush some over pastry edges. Bring opposite corners of pastry over each bundle; pinch seams to seal. Transfer to a greased baking sheet; brush with remaining egg mixture. Bake at 400° for 17-20 minutes or until golden brown.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note