- 8 uncooked lasagna noodles
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound lean ground beef (such as Laura's 92% Lean Ground Beef)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (about 1/2 medium)
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs with Romano cheese (such as Vigo Italian Style)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (26-ounce) jar cabernet marinara sauce with herbs (such as Classico)
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- calories 293
- caloriesfromfat 33 %
- fat 10.6 g
- satfat 4.5 g
- protein 21.8 g
- carbohydrate 28.9 g
- fiber 3.4 g
- cholesterol 46 mg
- iron 3.5 mg
- sodium 659 mg
- calcium 242 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°.
Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and place noodles side by side on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Coat each noodle lightly with cooking spray to prevent sticking to one another.
While noodles cook, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef, onion, and garlic, and cook until browned, stirring to crumble beef. Drain, if necessary. Return beef mixture to pan; stir in spinach.
Combine ricotta, egg substitute, Italian seasoning, breadcrumbs, and salt. Add beef mixture, stirring well.
Spread 1 cup sauce in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Working with one noodle at a time, spread a heaping 1/2 cup beef mixture over noodle. Roll noodle up, and place, seam side down, in baking dish. Repeat with remaining noodles and filling. Pour remaining sauce over lasagna rolls.
Cover and bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle evenly with Parmesan cheese.