Beefy Shells and Cheese
Boxed macaroni and cheese, store-bought salsa and canned beans make this dish a snap to fix. Add shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese to the dish for extra-cheesiness. From Louise Graybiel: Toronto, Ontario. Recipe published in Simple & Delicious September/October 2007.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) ground beef
- 1 12-ounce package(s) shells and cheese dinner mix
- 2 cup(s) water
- 1 1/4 cup(s) salsa
- 1 15-ounce can(s) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 to 2 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- • In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Set aside cheese sauce packet from dinner mix. Add shells and water to skillet. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- • Stir in the salsa, beans, chili powder, salt and contents of cheese sauce packet. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note