- 2 pounds Ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 4 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (26-ounce) jar tomato-and-basil pasta sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 (13.8-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust*
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
How to Make It
Cook first 3 ingredients and 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain well, and return to skillet.
Add 1/4 cup flour, stirring until blended. Stir in pasta sauce. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese.
Unroll pizza crust, and place on top of cheese. (Tuck edges into baking dish, if necessary.) Brush with olive oil, and sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, and remaining 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning.
Bake at 425° for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
*An 3-ounce refrigerated pizza crust may be substituted.