this was really tasty! very similar to stouffer's swedish meatball dish that i LOVE! made my own baked meatball recipe, used 1 can mushrooms and added some chopped onion. used cilantro instead of parsley. might use 2T flour next time to thicken the sauce more. will def make this again. husband had 2 servings!
Beefy Mushroom Meatballs
- 2 slice(s) bread, torn
- 2 tablespoon(s) milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoon(s) finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 1/2 pound(s) ground beef
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 2 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 10 1/2-ounce can(s) beef consomme
- 2 4-ounce can(s) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 tablespoon(s) dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon(s) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup(s) sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles, optional
- Minced fresh parsley
- • In a large bowl, combine bread and milk. Add the egg, onion, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- • Shape into 1-in. balls. In a large skillet, brown meatballs in small batches over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain on paper towels.
- • In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add consomme. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add the mushrooms, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, bouillon and meatballs. Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- • Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream. Serve with noodles if desired. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6-8 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note