I made this tonight. It was a little bland so added aTBSP of Cumin, a TBSP of Cocoa powder, lots of diced peppers and onions and some red kidney beans. Salt and Pepper as well and a pinch of garlic. Then it was great. :)
Beefy Corn and Black Bean Chili
This dish has the flavor and aroma of a chili that has simmered all day—and only you have to know it hasn't. Dress it up with a dollop of sour cream and sliced green onions, and serve it with Cheesy Cheddar Corn Bread.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 193
- Calories from fat: 14%
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 20g
- Carbohydrate: 20g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 825mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 1 pound ground round
- 2 teaspoons salt-free chili powder blend (such as The Spice Hunter)
- 1 (14-ounce) package frozen seasoned corn and black beans (such as Pictsweet)
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium beef broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can seasoned tomato sauce for chili (such as Hunt's Family Favorites)
- Reduced-fat sour cream (optional)
- Sliced green onions (optional)
- 1. Combine beef and chili powder blend in a large Dutch oven. Cook 6 minutes over medium-high heat or until beef is browned, stirring to crumble. Drain and return to pan.
- 2. Stir in frozen corn mixture, broth, and tomato sauce; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Uncover and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Ladle chili into bowls. Top each serving with sour cream and onions, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note