Really good! Makes a lot and is filling! Great to make for party or a bunch of teens.
For a quick weeknight dinner, serve your family Beefy Calzones. You can get a jump-start on the prep by making a ground beef-kidney bean mixture ahead of time and freeze the portion that you don't use.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 367
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Protein: 22g
- Carbohydrate: 20g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 82mg
- Sodium: 1024mg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 ounces button mushrooms, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 portion Master Meat Mix (about 1 lb. 11 oz.)
- 5 ounces baby spinach (about 4 tightly packed cups)
- 1 24-oz. jar marinara sauce
- 2 pounds frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1. Place a rack in the lowest position in oven and preheat to 450°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment.
- 2. In a large skillet, warm oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; sauté until softened, about 3 minutes. Add meat mix and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until browned, about 5 minutes. Add spinach and 1 cup marinara sauce and cook, stirring, until spinach has wilted, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 3. On a lightly floured work surface, divide dough in half. Roll one portion into a large oval, about 13 inches wide by 16 inches long. Spoon half of meat filling onto center of dough, leaving a 2 1/2-inch margin around the edges. Top with 1 cup mozzarella. Fold dough in half along the width and seal; transfer to lined baking sheet. Using a sharp knife, make 3 slits on top of dough. Repeat with remaining dough, filling and cheese.
- 4. Bake until crust is golden and filling is bubbling, about 18 minutes. Warm remaining marinara sauce in microwave or in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Remove calzones from oven, slice each into 4 pieces and serve, passing warmed marinara on the side.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note