Beefy Broccoli Roll-ups
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 649
- Fat: 33g
- Saturated fat: 17g
- Protein: 38g
- Carbohydrate: 46g
- Fiber: 7g
- Cholesterol: 97mg
- Sodium: 619mg
- 6 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 ounces extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound lean ground round
- 1 (10 oz.) package frozen broccoli, thawed and drained
- 3 tablespoons fine bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Place noodles in a bowl of very hot water and let stand. Place 1/2 cup milk in a bowl, whisk in cornstarch and set aside. Microwave remaining milk at full power for 2 minutes.
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes. Add flour and whisk to make a paste. Gradually whisk in hot milk. Whisk cornstarch and milk into hot sauce. Bring to a boil, whisking; continue to whisk for 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in Cheddar, salt and pepper. Remove 1 cup cheese sauce and set aside. Let remaining sauce cool in pot.
- Cook ground round over medium heat until browned. Transfer beef with a slotted spoon to cheese sauce in pot; stir in broccoli.
- In a small bowl, mix bread crumbs, olive oil and parsley. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Butter a 9-inch square baking dish. Lay 1 noodle on a work surface; top with 1/2 cup beef mixture and roll up; transfer to dish. Repeat with remaining noodles. Spoon Cheddar sauce on rolls and sprinkle breadcrumb mixture on top. Bake until bubbly, 15 to 20 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note