The only things I did different was cook the sweet potatoes first so they were soft, I didn't add corn starch and I added about 2/3 cup of finely chopped cranberries. My family went back for seconds!
Beef with Sweet Potatoes and Spinach
More From Oxmoor House
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium-size sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 pound fresh spinach
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef and garlic; cook until beef is browned, breaking into small pieces with the side of a large spoon.
- 2. While meat cooks, peel and cube sweet potatoes.
- 3. When beef is half cooked, drain off any accumulated fat. Add sweet potatoes and sesame seeds; continue to cook.
- 4. Meanwhile, rinse spinach well, remove any heavy stems, and coarsely chop.
- 5. When beef is well browned and sweet potato cubes are starting to soften, about 10 minutes, combine water, soy sauce, and cornstarch until cornstarch dissolves. Pour over contents in skillet. Simmer until sweet potato cubes are soft but not mushy, another 10 to 12 minutes.
- 6. Just before serving, add spinach and cook 2 to 3 more minutes until spinach is wilted, stirring once. Serve over hot rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This