This was a really good mix for quickie stir-fry. I did add red bell pepper with the onion, & extra ginger & garlic to the sauce mix, but I liked the tanginess that the hoisin gave the sauce. Will definitely make again.
Beef with Sugar Snap Peas
Flank steak slices cook quickly, so remove steak from the pan as soon as it is no longer pink, and it will be cooked perfectly.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 cup beef mixture and 1/2 cup rice)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 361
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 9.7g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 24.3g
- Carbohydrate: 40g
- Fiber: 5.1g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 677mg
- Calcium: 98mg
- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) bag boil-in-bag brown rice
- 1 (12-ounce) flank steak, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 3/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 tablespoon bottled fresh ground ginger (such as Spice World)
- 3 cups frozen sugar snap peas
- 1 cup preshredded carrot
- Cook rice according to the package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. Combine steak and 1 tablespoon soy sauce; toss to coat. Combine the remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce, broth, hoisin, and cornstarch; stir well with a whisk.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak mixture; sauté 1 1/2 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove steak from pan. Add onion and ginger to pan; sauté 2 minutes. Add peas and carrot; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in steak mixture; sauté for 30 seconds. Add broth mixture; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute or until slightly thick, stirring constantly. Serve immediately over rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes