This was a really good mix for quickie stir-fry. I did add red bell pepper with the onion, & extra ginger & garlic to the sauce mix, but I liked the tanginess that the hoisin gave the sauce. Will definitely make again.
Beef with Sugar Snap Peas
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 361
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 9.7g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 24.3g
- Carbohydrate: 40g
- Fiber: 5.1g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 677mg
- Calcium: 98mg
- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) bag boil-in-bag brown rice
- 1 (12-ounce) flank steak, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 3/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 tablespoon bottled fresh ground ginger (such as Spice World)
- 3 cups frozen sugar snap peas
- 1 cup preshredded carrot
- Cook rice according to the package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. Combine steak and 1 tablespoon soy sauce; toss to coat. Combine the remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce, broth, hoisin, and cornstarch; stir well with a whisk.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak mixture; sauté 1 1/2 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove steak from pan. Add onion and ginger to pan; sauté 2 minutes. Add peas and carrot; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in steak mixture; sauté for 30 seconds. Add broth mixture; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute or until slightly thick, stirring constantly. Serve immediately over rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes