Very simple recipe with a huge flavor! There are never any left-overs with this meal even though there are two people who really don't like sauces. Creates tender steak, lovely sauce with beefy flavor that is just right for mashed potatoes.
Beef with Rosemary-Mushroom Sauce
The robust sauce is also good over mashed potatoes.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 229
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 6.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 30g
- Carbohydrate: 12.4g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 69mg
- Iron: 5.1mg
- Sodium: 479mg
- Calcium: 55mg
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 pound boneless top sirloin steak (about 3/4 inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can beef consommé
- 1 (8-ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- Combine the presliced mushrooms, wine, and steak in a large zip-top plastic bag, and seal. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Remove the steak from bag, reserving marinade. Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add steak; cook for 6 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, turning after 3 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Combine the onions, 2 tablespoons parsley, rosemary, and remaining ingredients. Add onion mixture and reserved marinade to pan. Bring to a boil; cook until reduced to 2 cups (about 15 minutes), stirring frequently.
- Cut the beef diagonally across grain into thin slices. Place beef on a serving platter. Spoon the mushroom sauce over beef. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons parsley.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This