Doubled the meat and sauce+some sherry, added some broccoli with the ginger, children loved it!! Will make again!!
Beef with Ginger
More From Southern Living
- Calories: 309
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 9.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 26g
- Carbohydrate: 27g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
- Iron: 3.1mg
- Sodium: 399mg
- Calcium: 18mg
- 1 pound sirloin steak, chilled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons lite soy sauce
- 1/2 cup fat-free reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 6 green onions, cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 4 cups hot cooked long-grain rice
- Cut steak diagonally across the grain into very thin slices. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Sauté ginger in hot oil a large nonstick skillet over high heat 2 minutes or until tan-colored. Add minced garlic, and sauté 30 seconds. Add beef; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in soy sauce.
- Stir together beef broth and cornstarch until smooth. Drizzle over beef mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until thickened. Add green onions, and, if desired, crushed red pepper; cook 1 minute. Serve immediately over hot cooked rice.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note