Oo, this was good. Very satisfying and hearty. I used up some already-cooked thin spaghetti instead of rice. Just cut it a bit to be smaller sections of pasta and reheated in the microwave. Oh, and added in 1-inch sliced green onions when I sauteed the broccoli.
Beef with Broccoli
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon(s) low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) water
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pound(s) flank steak, sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 cup(s) low-sodium soy sauce (do not used regular as final result will be too salty)
- 2 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 4 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon(s) flour
- 1 tablespoon(s) sherry
- 3 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 2 head(s) broccoli, crowns only
- 1. Whisk first 6 ingredients (through the first vegetable oil) together in large bowl. Stir flank steak strips into the marinade to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour then proceed with step 2.
- 2. When ready for dinner, in a small bowl, stir together the soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, flour, and sherry until smooth. Set aside.
- 3. In large wok or saute pan, heat 2 Tb vegetable oil over high heat until shimmering. Add broccoli and saute 3 minutes, stirring often. Transfer broccoli to a plate.
- 4. Carefully add the remaining Tb of oil to the hot pan. Add the marinated meat and half the sauce mixture and saute for 3-4 minutes, stirring often, until the meat is cooked through and no longer pink. Stir in the broccoli and remaining sauce. Saute 1 minute more. Serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Elsiekay and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note