Community Recipe from
- 1 whole(s) beef tenderloin
- 1 pound(s) mushrooms finely minced
- 5 green onions
- 4 ounce(s) butter
- 2 tablespoon(s) parsley minced
- 1.5 cup(s) clear beef consomme
- 1 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1.25 teaspoon(s) butter
- 1/3 cup(s) Madeira
- 1 package(s) Peppereidge Farm Frozen Pastry Sheets
- Pre-roast beef tenderloin at 425 to desired doneness
- Baste with 2 oz melted butter and 1/2 cup Madeira during roasting
- Let Cool to room temperature
- Cook mushrooms and onions in butter until all moisture has cooked away.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Heat consommé and butter. Dissolve cornstarch in Madeira and add to consommé. Stir over low heat until thickened.
- Thaw and roll to 18x18 or large enough to enclose tenderloin.
- Lay beef along one edge of pastry. Cover with mushroom stuffing.
- Lift pastry up over beef, overlapping is under meat and sealing edges. Brush edges with beaten egg to seal. Carefully on baking sheet sealed edge done.
- Cut decorative shapes from pastry trimmings and arrange down center of pastry. Brush all over with beaten egg.
- Bake at 425 30 minutes
- Slice and serve with Madeira Sauce.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by nancykildsig and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Beef Wellington Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes