Very good and refreshing for a cooked meal.
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lindsey Ellis Beatty
More From Southern Living
Total: 55 Minutes
- 1 pound sirloin strip steak, cut into thin strips
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- 2 teaspoons lite soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 medium-size sweet onion, halved and sliced
- 12 ounces fresh sugar snap peas
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 16 ounces watermelon, rind removed and cut into sticks (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1. Toss together first 6 ingredients and 1 Tbsp. wine. Let stand 30 minutes. Meanwhile, stir together hot water, hoisin, and remaining 1 Tbsp. wine.
- 2. Remove beef from marinade, discarding marinade. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper; cook half of beef in 1 1/2 tsp. hot canola oil in a large skillet over high heat, without stirring, 45 seconds or until browned; turn beef, and cook 30 seconds or until browned. Transfer to a warm plate. Repeat with remaining 1 1/2 tsp. oil and beef.
- 3. Stir-fry onion in remaining 1 Tbsp. hot canola oil in skillet over medium-high heat 2 minutes or until tender. Add sugar snap peas, ginger, and crushed red pepper; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add beef and hoisin mixture; stir-fry 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in watermelon. Add salt, black pepper, and red pepper to taste. Serve immediately with hot cooked rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes