Tasted very raw. Recommend sautéing onion, garlic, celery and herbs first. Also needed more salt and pepper, and added parm cheese at the table. There are better recipes out there.
Beef Vegetable Soup
More From Southern Living
- 1 1/2 pounds beef stew meat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (32-oz.) bag frozen mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, green beans, and lima beans)
- 1 (15-oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can diced Italian-style tomatoes
- 1 medium-size baking potato, peeled and diced
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 extra-large chicken bouillon cube
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook meat in hot oil over medium-high heat in a large Dutch oven 6 to 8 minutes or until browned.
- 2. Stir in frozen mixed vegetables, next 9 ingredients, and 1 1/2 qt. water, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of Dutch oven. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat; cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 55 to 60 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Knorr Chicken Bouillon cube.
An extra-large bouillon cube adds more flavor. If you don't have this size, you can use two regular cubes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note