- 1 1/2 pounds beef stew meat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (32-oz.) bag frozen mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, green beans, and lima beans)
- 1 (15-oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can diced Italian-style tomatoes
- 1 medium-size baking potato, peeled and diced
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 extra-large chicken bouillon cube
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
How to Make It
Cook meat in hot oil over medium-high heat in a large Dutch oven 6 to 8 minutes or until browned.
Stir in frozen mixed vegetables, next 9 ingredients, and 1 1/2 qt. water, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of Dutch oven. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat; cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 55 to 60 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Knorr Chicken Bouillon cube.
An extra-large bouillon cube adds more flavor. If you don't have this size, you can use two regular cubes.