Such a simple recipe for something with such a fancy presentation. Loved that you could make pretty much everything ahead of time and just assemble before serving. Marinated the steak Thursday night, sliced it Friday night, made the mayo and assembled Saturday!
Beef Teriyaki Crisps with Wasabi Mayonnaise
Photo: Photo: Beck Luigart-Stayner
Prepare the mayonnaise mixture and cook the steak up to a day in advance. There's no need to reheat it; just slice the steak about an hour ahead, and leave at room temperature.
Yield: 12 servings (serving size: 2 topped crisps)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 71
- Fat: 2.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 4.2g
- Carbohydrate: 7.1g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Iron: 0.3mg
- Sodium: 166mg
- Calcium: 3mg
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 pound flank steak, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- Remaining ingredients:
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons wasabi paste
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 24 baked rice crackers
- Fresh chive pieces (optional)
- 1. To prepare steak, combine first 6 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- 2. Remove steak from bag, and discard marinade. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add steak to pan; grill 6 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove steak from pan; let stand 10 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices; cut slices into 2-inch pieces.
- 3. Combine mayonnaise, wasabi paste, and vinegar, stirring well. Spoon 3/4 teaspoon mayonnaise mixture onto each cracker. Divide steak evenly among crackers; top each with 1/4 teaspoon mayonnaise mixture. Garnish with chives, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Beef Teriyaki Crisps with Wasabi Mayonnaise Recipe at a Glance