The sauce for this recipe is SO good! It has a sweetness to it. I didn't have sake on hand so I just used white wine (Pinot Grigio) instead. These cook fast so it is great to throw on the grill and serve as an appetizer.
Beef Tenderloin Yakitori
More From Coastal Living
Stand: 30 Minutes
- 24 (6-inch) bamboo skewers
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup mirin, divided
- 2 tablespoons sake, divided
- 1 pound beef tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 bunch green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1. Soak skewers in water at least 30 minutes.
- 2. Combine 1 tablespoon each soy sauce, mirin, and sake in a medium bowl. Add beef, tossing to coat. Let stand 30 to 90 minutes.
- 3. Combine remaining 3 tablespoons each soy sauce and mirin, remaining 1 tablespoon sake, and sugar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Simmer 5 to 8 minutes or until glaze is slightly syrupy. Set aside.
- 4. Combine green onions and sesame oil; toss well. Thread green onion pieces and beef alternately onto skewers. Cover and chill until ready to grill.
- 5. Grill skewers over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 1 minute. Turn skewers over; brush with glaze, and grill 1 to 2 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers