Beef Tenderloin with Shiitake-Red Wine Sauce
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 236
- Calories from fat: 40%
- Fat: 10.6g
- Saturated fat: 3.7g
- Protein: 25.4g
- Carbohydrate: 7.5g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 71mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 464mg
- Calcium: 29mg
- 4 (4-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks (about 1 1/2 inches thick), trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 1/4 cups thinly sliced shiitake mushroom caps (7 ounces)
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or less-sodium beef broth
- 1 cup less-sodium beef broth, divided
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Sprinkle steaks evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; set aside.
- 2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add steaks; cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove steaks from pan; keep warm.
- 3. Reduce heat to medium; add shallots, garlic, and mushrooms. Sauté 2 minutes. Add wine, 1/2 cup beef broth, thyme, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Increase heat to medium-high, and cook 7 minutes, stirring occasionally and scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- 4. Combine cornstarch and remaining 1/2 cup beef broth in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add cornstarch mixture to pan; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Return steaks to pan, and cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Remove and discard thyme. Sprinkle with parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes