We made this using a ribeye. My husband wasn't convinced that putting the herbs on at the end, but he LOVED it. He turned the leftovers into brunch the next day -- tossed briefly with warmed black beans over soft corn tortillas, topped with a fried egg. Fabulous!
Beef Tenderloin with Mustard and Herbs
Grill the beef tenderloin first, and then coat it in the mustard and herb mixture for bright, fresh flavors. Serve the tenderloin with grilled polenta and a simple salad.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 191
- Calories from fat: 44%
- Fat: 9.4g
- Saturated fat: 3.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 23.4g
- Carbohydrate: 1.4g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 71mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 393mg
- Calcium: 23mg
- 1 (2 1/2-pound) beef tenderloin, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1. Prepare grill.
- 2. Lightly coat beef with cooking spray; sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Place beef on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Reduce heat to medium. Grill 30 minutes or until a thermometer registers 145° or until desired degree of doneness, turning to brown on all sides. Let beef stand 10 minutes.
- 3. Sprinkle parsley, thyme, and rosemary in an even layer on an 18 x 15–inch sheet of plastic wrap. Brush mustard evenly over beef. Place beef in herb mixture on plastic wrap; roll beef over herbs, pressing gently. Slice beef.
Spread the chopped fresh herbs on a sheet of plastic wrap so you can evenly coat the beef with minimal mess.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note