Beef Tenderloin with Horseradish-Mustard Crust
We replaced the plain white breadcrumbs with whole wheat breadcrumbs in this recipe to take advantage of the extra fiber. It takes about 1 1/2 slices of bread to make 1 cup breadcrumbs.
Yield: 7 servings (serving size: 3 ounces)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 183
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 20.3g
- Carbohydrate: 4.5g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 57mg
- Iron: 2.9mg
- Sodium: 236mg
- Calcium: 21mg
- 1 3/4 pounds beef tenderloin, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Sprinkle tenderloin with pepper. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add beef, and cook 10 minutes or until browned.
- 3. Combine mustard and horseradish; spread onto beef. Combine breadcrumbs and next 5 ingredients; pat onto beef, pressing firmly. Coat beef with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 35 to 40 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 145° (medium-rare) to 160° (medium).
- 4. Place beef on a platter; cover with foil. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- carbo rating: 4
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This