- 1 (8-ounce) bottle chutney
- 1 (14-ounce) bottle ketchup
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 1 (11-ounce) bottle steak sauce
- 1 (10-ounce) bottle Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 (4 1/2- to 5-pound) beef tenderloin, trimmed
How to Make It
Process chutney in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add ketchup and next 4 ingredients, and process until blended. Chill at least 2 hours.
Stir together butter, salt, and pepper; rub over tenderloin. Place on a lightly greased rack in a jellyroll pan. Fold under 4 to 6 inches of narrow end of tenderloin to fit onto rack.
Bake at 500° for 30 to 35 minutes or to desired degree of doneness. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Serve tenderloin with sauce.
NOTE: For testing purposes only, we used Major Grey's Chutney and A. Steak Sauce.